Upcoming Events at the Huntington Opportunity Resource Center and Business Incubator Complex – November 2016
We are very pleased to partner with great folks to bring resources, educational programming, vocational training programming, community events and opportunities to the residents of the Town of Huntington, Suffolk County and beyond.
As October comes to a close and with the holiday season upon us, we are reminded that bringing much needed services and programs to the community at-large is a continuous process. When one person receives what they need and prospers, it advances the community, which advances the Town and the County, we are all in this together!
Join us, tell a friend and/or share the following events that will be happening at the Huntington Opportunity Resource Center and Business Incubator Complex, conveniently located at 1264 & 1268 New York Avenue in the heart of Huntington Station.
* Opportunities Long Island (OLI) Apprenticeship Preparation Training Program Recruitment Opportunity: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 10 am and Friday, November 18, 2016 at 1 pm
-OLI is an intensive training program that prepares you for a career in the building and construction trades of the Nassau & Suffolk Building Trades Unions.
Download (PDF, 390KB)
* Veteran Services Day: November 4, 2016 from 10 am to 3 pm
-in partnership with Suffolk County Government, Veteran Services Day connects our Veterans with Veteran Service providers, Human Services providers and other Not for-Profit Agencies in one convenient location on a monthly basis. Don’t forget to bring your unwanted medication for disposal. No liquids or needles permitted.
Download (PDF, 1.25MB)
Download (PDF, 1.32MB)
* Labor and Employment Issues: Monday, November 7, 2016 from 8:30 am to 10 am
-in partnership with the Huntington Community Council an initiative of the Leadership Huntington Foundation and the Huntington Chamber of Commerce; assists Not for-Profit agencies to address new overtime rules, legislation and an economic reality test. FREE Annual Membership to the Huntington Chamber of Commerce will be available.
Download (PDF, 576KB)
* St. Joseph’s College Computers 101 – Excel workshop: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 from 6 pm to 8 pm
-Instructor-led introduction to Microsoft Excel.
Download (PDF, 1.02MB)
* National Grid Customer Assistance EXPO: Thursday, November 17, 2016 from 10 am to 2 pm
-the purpose of the EXPO is to provide low income customers a way to connect with the resources they need, all under one roof, in one day.
* Inquiring Minds Crew – How to Prevent a Financial Breakdown: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 from 6 pm to 8 pm
-Part 2 of a 3 Part series on Improving and Repairing Your Credit, presenter Pilar Moya of Housing Help
Download (PDF, 1018KB)