A Letter To The Editor from NY State Assemblyman Chad A. Lupinacci
As I begin my third term in the New York State Assembly, I would like to once again thank the residents of the 10th Assembly District for placing their faith in me as their representative. It has been a true honor and privilege to serve you for the past four years, and I am enthused to get back to work.
I believe 2017 is destined to be an exciting year as we address the many issues facing New York State. In the wake of such a bitter political cycle across our nation, it is now time to work together, and take initiative to accomplish the many big goals we have for this legislative session. Among the legislative proposals we intend to make a priority include:
- Passing stricter ethics reform measures to hold elected officials accountable;
- Bringing Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services to all areas of New York;
- Fighting for affordable higher education;
- Expanding opportunities for career-targeted education while in high school;
- Implementing greater oversight and safeguards to ensure taxpayer-funded economic development programs are operating effectively; and
- Creating a registry of violent felony offenders by passing Brittany’s Law, to help curb domestic violence.
I am confident and optimistic the 2017 Legislative Session will yield significant policies that will better our state as a whole. I look forward to working alongside my colleagues on both sides of the political aisle to achieve real results for the people of the 10th Assembly District, Long Island and New York State.
Chad A. Lupinacci
Member of Assembly