Bellone Announces 23 Suffolk County Cultural and Arts Organizations to Receive to State Funding
23 Suffolk Organizations to Receive More than $768,000 in Grants
Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone announced on Febrary 8, 2017 that 23 Suffolk County cultural and arts organizations were selected to received $768,890 in grants by the New York State Council on the Arts. The state program supports the creation of visual, performing, literary and media arts, as well as arts education, economic development through the arts, and cultural programs for under served populations.
“I would like to thank Governor Cuomo, the New York State Legislature and the New York State Council on the Arts for their continuous commitment to expand the arts in Suffolk County and throughout the state,” said Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone. “Through these efforts, this funding will help local organizations across the county bring performing arts programs to our communities and visual, literary and media artists to our region for the public to enjoy. Many of our residents and families will benefit from this funding.”
In total, Governor Cuomo awarded more than $1 million in cultural arts funding to Long Island.
The 23 Suffolk County organizations that received grant funding include:
- Arena Players Repertory Theater, Centerport
- Babylon Citizens Council on the Arts, Babylon
- Bay Street Theatre Festival, Sag Harbor
- Children’s Museum of the East End, Bridgehampton
- CoDanceCo, Inc., East Patchogue
- East End Arts & Humanities Council, Riverhead
- Friends of the Cultural Center Inc., Southampton
- Guild Hall of East Hampton Inc., East Hampton
- Hallockville, Inc., Riverhead
- Hamptons International Film Festival, East Hampton
- Herstory Writers Workshop, Inc.
- Huntington Arts Council Inc., Huntington
- LI Museum of American Art History & Carriages, Stony Brook
- Montauk Chamber Music Society Inc., Montauk
- New Community Cinema Inc., Huntington
- Parrish Art Museum, Water Mill
- Patchogue Arts Council Inc., Patchogue
- Performing Arts Center of Suffolk County, Inc., Bellport
- Stony Brook Foundation, Inc., Stony Brook
- Suffolk County Historical Society, Riverhead
- Theatre Three Productions, Inc., Port Jefferson
- Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center, Westhampton Beach
- The Whaling Museum Society, Inc., Cold Spring Harbor
For more information on the cultural arts funding, log onto .arts.ny.gov, suffolkcountyny.gov or facebook.com/stevebellone.