Two People Arrested During State Liquor Authority (SLA) Inspections
Suffolk County Police arrested two people during New York State Liquor Authority inspections at Town of Huntington businesses, Saturday February 25, 2017.
Officers from the Second Precinct Crime Section, Community Support Unit, and Gang Team conducted an underage alcohol and tobacco check at nine businesses in the Town of Huntington. Some of the businesses were chosen in response to community complaints and others were randomly selected.
Yousef Macer, 22, employed by Superstar Beverage, located at 490 Walt Whitman Road in Melville, was charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Child 1st Degree and New York State Alcoholic Beverage Control Law 65.1-Sale of Alcohol to a Person Under 21.
Hakan Ekren, 48, employed by Sunoco Gas, located at 114 Broad Hollow Road in Melville, was charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Child 2nd Degree for selling a tobacco product to a minor.
The above subjects were issued a Field Appearance Tickets and are scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip at a later date.
The following businesses complied with the New York State law and refused the sale of alcohol/tobacco to a minor:
- 110 Convenience Store, located at 213 Walt Whitman Road in Huntington Station
- BP Gas Station, located at 231 Walt Whitman Road in Huntington Station
- Citgo Gas Station, located at 475 Walt Whitman Road in Huntington Station
- Gulf Gas Station, located at 743 Walt Whitman Road in Melville
- P and P Deli, located at 139 West Hills Road in Huntington Station
- Citgo Gas Station, located at 1811 New York Ave. in Huntington Station
- Valencia Tavern, located at 236 Wall St. in Huntington
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.