Melville FD Responds to Smokey House
The Melville Fire Department responded to reports of an occupied house filling up with smoke on Faulkner Lane, Monday, April 17, 2017 at about 7:25 p.m. Three engines, a ladder truck, heavy rescue and ambulance were dispatched with 30 firefighters, under the command of Assistant Chief David Kaplan. Firefighters investigated a smoke odor and haze, and found the source was from a malfunctioning second floor air conditioning unit. There were no injuries reported.
Story and Photos by Steve Silverman