Second Precinct Helps in Central Islip Arrest Drugs, Weapon Seized During Search Warrant
Suffolk County Police today arrested a man for weapon and drug charges after a search warrant was executed at his Central Islip home.
Following an investigation into drug sales, Narcotics Section detectives, Second Precinct Special Operations Team detectives and Second Precinct Gang Unit officers executed a search warrant at 73 Adams Road Apt. 1G and a resident, Fignole Cosmeus was arrested.
Police Photo – Fignole Cosmeus
The search warrant resulted in the seizure of:
- Approximately 170 grams of cocaine with an estimated street value of $12,000
- Approximately 140 oxycodone pills with an estimated street value of $4,200
- Approximately 4 ½ ounces of marijuana with an estimated street value of $1,000
- A loaded .38 caliber Charter Arms revolver
- Twenty .38 caliber bullets
- A bulletproof tactical vest
- $400 cash
- Two digital gram scales
- Two cell phones
Cosmeus, 27, was charged with two counts of Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance 3rd Degree, Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 2rd Degree, three counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 3rd Degree, Criminal Possession of a Firearm, Criminal Possession of Marijuana 4th Degree and Criminal Use of Drug Paraphernalia 2nd Degree. He will be held overnight at the Second Precinct for arraignment tomorrow at First District Court in Central Islip.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.