SCPD And Homeland Security Targets Four Huntington Station Bars – Six Arrested, One In Custody For Deportation Again
Suffolk County Police and Firearm Suppression Team (FAST), Town of Huntington Fire Marshall and NYS Liquor Authority Inspectors, in conjunction with Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) special agents, arrested six people last night July 29, 2017 at 1:15am in the Huntington Station area.
Police officers from the Suffolk County Second Precinct and Firearm Suppression Team (FAST), Town of Huntington Fire Marshall and NYS Liquor Authority Inspectors, in conjunction with HSI special agents, conducted State Liquor Authority inspections at four bars in Huntington Station at approximately 1:15 a.m. this morning. Police arrested six men on multiple charges and issued summonses to three men for multiple violations. The bars were targeted because of MS-13 and other illegal activity.
At Santa Rosa Restaurant, located at 118 West Hills Road, Huntington Station, an illegal gambling operation was discovered in the basement of the establishment. Owner Nelly Garcia, 42, received eight summonses for violations of the Alcohol Beverage Control Law and two summonses for fire code violations. In addition, the following people were arrested:
- Santiago Garcia, 53, of 989 Park Ave., Huntington for Criminal Nuisance 2ndDegree
- Jose Garcia-Garcia, 25, for Promoting Gambling
- Nicomades Biloreo, 51, of 11 4thAve., Huntington for Possession of a Gambling Device
- Carlos Velasquez, 39, of 42 8thSt., Huntington for Possession of a Gambling Device
- Jose Guevara Canales, 20, of Tower, Huntington Station for Criminal Possession of a Weapon 4thDegree and Criminal Impersonation
At La Perfecta Bar & Restaurant, located at 137A Broadway, Huntington Station, manager Jesus Rivera was cited for numerous violations of the Alcohol beverage Control Law and received two summonses for Town of Huntington building code violations. The following person was arrested:
- Celso LopezMerino, 56, of 4 Birch Dr., Huntington for Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7thDegree
At El Triunfo Taverna Corp, located at 1789 New York Ave., Huntington Station, owner/manager Nery Menendez, 49, of 11 East 23rd Street, Huntington, received one summons for a Fire Code violation.
At Safiro Bar, located at 1830 New York Ave., Huntington Station no violations were noted. Alexander Sanchez, 31, of 48 Depot Rd., Huntington Station was taken into custody by HSI special agents when it was discovered that he had been deported from the country on two previous occasions.