Four People Arrested for Selling E-Liquid Nicotine to Minors
Suffolk County Police arrested four people for selling e-liquid nicotine to minors at businesses located in the Town of Huntington, New York.
In response to community complaints, Second Precinct Crime Section officers and representatives from the Suffolk County Department of Health Services Tobacco Regulation Enforcement Unit conducted an investigation into the sale of e-liquid nicotine to minors at 10 businesses.
The following people were arrested and charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Child 2nd Degree:
- Sandipkumar Bhatiya, 42, of Ronkonkoma, NY, employed at Mr. Tobacco Shop II, 2031 East Jericho Turnpike, East Northport, NY
- Joanna Oh, 25, of Malverne, NY, employed at Whatever Vape Shop, 675 East Jericho Turnpike, Huntington Station, NY
- Diville Moss, 20, of Smithtown, NY, employed at East Coast Psychedelics, 6124 East Jericho Turnpike, Commack, NY
- Dean Papas, 34, of South Huntington, NY, employed at Huntington Village Vapes, 4 Elm Street, Huntington, NY
The owners of the above businesses were issued a notice of violation by the Suffolk County Department of Health.
The following businesses complied, and refused the sale of e-liquid nicotine to minors:
- FMS Vapes, 825 Walt Whitman Road, Melville , NY
- Long Island Vape, 469A East Jericho Turnpike, Huntington Station, NY
- Gotham Smoke & Novelty Shop, 681 East Jericho Turnpike, Huntington Station, NY
- Karma Vapes, 217 Walt Whitman Road, Huntington Station, NY
- Abbey Road Tobacco & Vapor, 63 Larkfield Road, East Northport, NY
- Liquid Lyfe Vapor Shop, 6160 E. Jericho Turnpike, Commack, NY
The four people arrested were issued Field Appearance Tickets and are scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on a later date.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.