Three People Arrested for Selling E-Liquid Nicotine to Minors
Suffolk County Police arrested three people for selling e-liquid nicotine to minors at businesses located in the Town of Huntington, New York, Friday, May 11, 2018 between 6 p.m. and 8:35 p.m.
In response to community complaints, Second Precinct Crime Section officers and representatives from the Suffolk County Department of Health Services Tobacco Regulation Enforcement Unit conducted an investigation into the sale of e-liquid nicotine to minors at 11 businesses.
The following people were arrested and charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Child 2nd Degree:
- Ramazan Gurler, 49, of Deer Park, employed at Planet Gas, 490 Pulaski Road, Greenlawn
- Tasabbir Hossain, 25, of Ronkonkoma, employed at 110 Convenience, 217 Walt Whitman Road, Huntington Station
- Somesh Dhawan, 30, of Queens Village, employed at Evolve IV Smoke Shop, 2066 Jericho Turnpike, East Northport
The owners of the above businesses were issued a notice of violation by the Suffolk County Department of Health.
The following businesses complied, and refused the sale of e-liquid nicotine to minors:
- Smoke Shop, 6318 Jericho Turnpike, Commack
- Long Island Vape, 469A East Jericho Turnpike, Huntington Station
- Gotham Smoke & Novelty Shop, 681 East Jericho Turnpike, Huntington Station
- Whatever Vape Shop, 675 Jericho Turnpike, Huntington Station
- East Coast Psychedelics, 6124 Jericho Turnpike, Commack
- Liquid Lyfe Vapor Shop, 6160 East Jericho Turnpike, Commack
- Gulf Gas, 253 Broadway, Greenlawn
- Mr. Tobacco, 2031 Jericho Turnpike, East Northport
The three people arrested were issued Field Appearance Tickets and are scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on a later date.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.