Home » Archives by category » News » Heart of the Community (Page 26)

“On Wednesday January 25th, 2017 at 7:00pm, Halesite Fire Department 2nd Assistant Chief Dominic Spada, Firefighter Gerry Conlon, and Huntington Bay Police Chief Christopher Jack present their second night of “Be Smart, Don’t Start”, a conversation for parents and their kids about the dangers of drug and alcohol use and how it affects youth in […]

Continue reading …

Dear Editor:
As I begin my third term in the New York State Assembly, I would like to once again thank the residents of the 10th Assembly District for placing their faith in me as their representative. It has been a true honor and privilege to serve you for the past four years, and I am […]

Continue reading …

Suffolk County Police Commissioner Timothy D. Sini and Chief of Department Stuart Cameron express their deepest sympathies to the friends and families of the victims of the shooting in the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International airport this afternoon.

“The Suffolk County Police Department is working with our regional law enforcement partners to closely monitor the situation. At this […]

Continue reading …

Surprise Your Valentine with Dinner in a
Famous, Historic Gold Coast Mansion
Popular Event Set at Vanderbilt Estate on February 11

This year, treat your Valentine to a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner at a grand house where Hollywood stars and European royalty dined with members of one of America’s most powerful and famous families.
You can do that […]

Continue reading …

Dear Friend,
The mission of the Northport Symphony Orchestra (NSO) is to contribute to our community’s quality of life through free public performances of classical music, while providing a fulfilling artistic experience for adult professional, amateur, and advanced student musicians on Long Island.
We are writing to ask your help to allow us to continue that mission. […]

Continue reading …

Youth Football Thrives in Northport in Spite of National Trend

Northport Youth Football Club announced a new board of directors and the “Better Football” mantra to ring in the new year. Heading up the organization will be President, Benjamin Carey, along with a talented & energetic group of professionals. The new board boasts a number of influential members including […]

Continue reading …

Coaches and fall athletes from the Northport-East Northport School District recently received School of Distinction Recognition by the New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA) for their commitment to sportsmanship. The 42 fall teams include those from Northport High School, Northport Middle School and East Northport Middle School.
              To earn this distinction, […]

Continue reading …

East Northport Middle School seventh-grader Nick Gilligan was recently named a member of the 2017 Suffolk County Music Educators’ Association (SCMEA) All-County Instrumental Jazz Ensemble.
Gilligan is a member of the East Northport Middle School Jazz Band and was one of many alto saxophonists from middle schools throughout Suffolk County who auditioned this past November. Only […]

Continue reading …

Don’t Miss This Opportunity!
Call to Artists-Deadline January 6, 2017
“The Human Condition” 
People are affected by their cultures, surroundings, personal relationships and individual situations. Observe and capture aspects of the Human condition through individual character studies or 
person-to person interactions. 
Juried Photography Show – Marc Josloff, Juror 
On Display February 2 – 25, 2017
JUROR: Marc Josloff has been the president of […]

Continue reading …

Online Ticket Sales Are Closed! However, you can still join us on Saturday, January 7, 2016 at 6pm and pay via cash/check at the door. If you would like to let us know you’re coming, just select the “Pay At Door” ticket option below (this is optional – you do not have to do this […]

Continue reading …