Home » Archives by category » News » Heart of the Community (Page 28)

Huntington Presents “Readings Under the Tent”

Comments Off on Huntington Presents “Readings Under the Tent”

Huntington Councilperson Cergol Presents “Readings Under the Tent”
July 18,2019 event will showcase three published Huntington authors reading from their works at Melville’s Arboretum Park
Huntington Councilperson Joan Cergol is inviting residents to join her Thursday July 18,2019  as she places the spotlight on three published Town of Huntington authors at a special “Readings Under the Tent” […]

Continue reading …

Pal-O-Mine Equestrian Receives New All-Terrain Vehicle

Comments Off on Pal-O-Mine Equestrian Receives New All-Terrain Vehicle

Pal-O-Mine Equestrian Receives New All-Terrain Vehicle
From Joe and Patti Posillico, Posillico, Inc.
Pal-O-Mine Equestrian, Inc. (www.pal-o-mine.org, Islandia, NY), a private, not for profit organization providing a comprehensive therapeutic equine program using horses to facilitate growth, learning and healing for children and adults with disabilities, is already getting major gifts in response to its recently launched development […]

Continue reading …

Neri Arevalo Departs From The Huntington Resource Center After Three Years Of Service

Comments Off on Neri Arevalo Departs From The Huntington Resource Center After Three Years Of Service

With pride and sadness I would like to announce the departure of Neri Arevalo from the Huntington Resource Center after three years of service.
Her last day will be Friday, May 3, 2019.
Sadness . . . We will miss her tremendously.  Personally, she is my right arm and partner at the Resource Center.
A fierce advocate for the […]

Continue reading …

The 5th Annual Long Island Yarn Crawl

Comments Off on The 5th Annual Long Island Yarn Crawl

The 5th Annual Long Island Yarn Crawl

After four successful years, 10 yarn shops from Port Washington to East Hampton will be
participating in the fifth annual Long Island Yarn Crawl on April 4th – 7 th, 2019. Over the course of four days,
yarn crafters – knitters, crocheters, weavers and spinners – are invited to participate in this […]

Continue reading …

Town Officials Celebrate 9th Annual Field Of Honor Flag Return

Comments Off on Town Officials Celebrate 9th Annual Field Of Honor Flag Return

Supervisor Chad A. Lupinacci, Councilman Mark Cuthbertson, Councilwoman Joan Cergol and Councilman Ed Smyth joined the Kiwanis Club of Huntington for their 9th Annual Field of Honor Flag Return Reception at Honu Restaurant on January 14.

Dr. Daniel Picard, Field of Honor committee chair; Councilman Edmund J.M. Smyth; Gabe Ciccone, President of the Kiwanis Club of […]

Continue reading …

Lupinacci Honors Special Needs Artists With Family Residences And Essential Enterprises (FREE)

Comments Off on Lupinacci Honors Special Needs Artists With Family Residences And Essential Enterprises (FREE)

Supervisor Chad A. Lupinacci hosted Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc. (FREE) to honor special needs artists participating in FREE’s Fine Art and Art Therapy Programs at a Meet the Artists Reception, joined by Town Clerk Jo-Ann Raia, Heckscher Museum of Art Executive Director Michael Schantz and Huntington Arts Council Executive Director Marc Courtade at […]

Continue reading …

Volunteers From PSEG Long Island Help World War II Veteran With Heavy Duty Yardwork

Comments Off on Volunteers From PSEG Long Island Help World War II Veteran With Heavy Duty Yardwork

More than 20 PSEG Long Island employee volunteers took time out this holiday season to help a World War II veteran and his wife get their Melville home back in shape after more than three years of neglect. Partnering with the Moonjumpers charitable foundation, volunteers from the utility filled a dumpster with home and yard […]

Continue reading …

Dickinson Avenue: Grinch for Good Campaign Collects Canned Food

Comments Off on Dickinson Avenue: Grinch for Good Campaign Collects Canned Food

This holiday season at Dickinson Avenue in the Northport-East Northport School District, students in the fifth grade  Leadership Club worked together to collect canned food items for the Grinch for Good Campaign. This nationwide effort aims to grow the community’s hearts three sizes — just like the Grinch’s — by giving to those in need […]

Continue reading …

“Theodore Roosevelt, A Man for the Modern World” Reception

Comments Off on “Theodore Roosevelt, A Man for the Modern World” Reception

A new exhibit by Sagamore Hill national historic site to commemorating the presidency and legacy of Theodore Roosevelt. Historic documents photographs and many never before seen artifacts celebrate TR’s major achievements and underscore his legacy as a modern day president. The exhibit opens January 06, 2019 marking the 100th anniversary of Theodore Roosevelt’s passing.
Opening reception:
Sunday January 6, 3 to […]

Continue reading …

Michael Kornfeld Re-elected President of the Northeast Regional Folk Alliance

Comments Off on Michael Kornfeld Re-elected President of the Northeast Regional Folk Alliance

Huntington resident Michael Kornfeld was re-elected to a third term as president of the board of directors of the Northeast Regional Folk Alliance (NERFA) during its annual conference in November in Stamford, CT. Serving a region that extends from the northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, DC to Canada’s eastern provinces, NERFA is the largest regional […]

Continue reading …