Home » Archives by category » News » Heart of the Community (Page 28)

Assemblyman Chad Lupinacci (R,C,I-South Huntington) and Assemblyman Andrew Raia (R,I,C-East Northport) joined the celebration of Elwood-based Boy Scout Troop 200 member Matthew Anekstein’s elevation to Eagle Scout during a Court of Honor held December 27, 2015.
Anekstein, of East Northport, has earned 23 merit badges during his Boy Scouts career, and for his Eagle project coordinated […]

Continue reading …

Can you make a New Year’s Resolution to finally address drunken behavior in 2016? – EDITORIAL
Every week someone is getting run over. Every day someone in Huntington is falling down drunk. Civic groups like the Greater Huntington Civic or Huntington Matters complain to “Public Safety” or a town board member or to the police. I […]

Continue reading …

Huntington Community First Aid Squad (HCFAS) participated in the 6th annual Friends of Huntington Station Latin Quarter’s (HSLQ) Toy Drive on Saturday December 19th, 2015 at 1399 New York Avenue in Huntington Station. HCFAS had agreed to “adopt” a family they had responded to on a previous call. On Friday, November 13th, 2015 there was […]

Continue reading …

As the holidays approach wouldn’t it be nice to have an extra $25,000 in your wallet!
Little Shelter Animal Rescue in Huntington NY, is holding its seventeenth semi-annual Mercedes raffle.
Tickets are $100 each and only 600 will be available. Little Shelter’s Mercedes raffle has become so popular and has been selling out quicker and quicker with […]

Continue reading …

French students in Dominick Kosciuk’s classes expressed their sympathy and showed their solidarity with the people of France after the attacks on Paris on November 13, 2015. “My students and I needed to share our grief and show our support.” The classes composed letters of sympathy and delivered them to the French Consulate in New […]

Continue reading …

Douglas Elliman Real Estate launched their second annual winter coat drive at their Huntington office on November 17.

From right, Assemblyman Lupinacci and Huntington Town Supervisor Frank P. Petrone join Rev. Rosemary Gaines, pastor of Helping Hand Rescue Mission, and Douglas Elliman Real Estate staffers at the kickoff of their second annual winter coat drive.
The drive […]

Continue reading …

Dear Friends & Community Members,
Our next meetup is Monday Nov 16th 6:30-8:30pm at the Huntington Opportunity Resource Center at 1264 New York Avenue. We’ll be discussing the success of our first Gateway Nights event AND future outdoor evening events for Huntington Station, our FIRST action grant award, and how to best work as a united […]

Continue reading …