Home » Archives by category » News » Heart of the Community (Page 28)

Suffolk County Dept. of Health March 2017 Meeting Notices

Comments Off on Suffolk County Dept. of Health March 2017 Meeting Notices

The Open Meetings or “Sunshine” laws of New York State and Suffolk County give the public the right to attend meetings of public bodies, listen to the debates and watch the decision-making process in action. The laws also require that notice of the time and place of all meetings be given prior to every meeting.
Following […]

Continue reading …

“Harriet, Rosa and Me” Excites Crowd at Town’s 30th Annual Celebration

Comments Off on “Harriet, Rosa and Me” Excites Crowd at Town’s 30th Annual Celebration

Play Gets Rousing Reception at Black History Night

The history-based play “Harriet, Rosa and Me” received a rousing reception at its world premiere February 16 2017, performed as part of the Town of Huntington’s 30th annual Black History program.
Written and produced by Grammy and Emmy-award winning director J.D. Lawrence, the musical play tells the story of […]

Continue reading …

LUPINACCI HONORS SOUTH HUNTINGTON TEACHERS OF THE YEAR

Comments Off on LUPINACCI HONORS SOUTH HUNTINGTON TEACHERS OF THE YEAR

Assemblyman Chad A. Lupinacci (R,C,I,Ref.—South Huntington) recently joined the South Huntington School District in recognizing seven outstanding educators in the “2017 Teacher of the Year” ceremony.
The event, held at Walt Whitman High School, was attended by administrators, students, and fellow educators from throughout the district. Lupinacci presented the teachers with New York State Assembly Citations […]

Continue reading …

Dentists For a Better Huntington Honored at Town Board Meeting

Comments Off on Dentists For a Better Huntington Honored at Town Board Meeting

Councilwoman Tracey A. Edwards and the Huntington Town Board honor Dentists for A Better Huntington at the February 7, 2017 Town board meeting
February 7, 2017- Huntington NY- Councilwoman Tracey A. Edwards and the Huntington Town Board honored Dentists for A Better Huntington at the February 7, 2017 town board meeting. 
Dentists for A Better Huntington is […]

Continue reading …

Elwood Science Student To Attend Prestigious Conference

Comments Off on Elwood Science Student To Attend Prestigious Conference

Elwood-John H. Glenn High School junior Gina Maletta has recently been selected as a National Youth Delegate for the 2017 Washington Youth Summit on the Environment at George Mason University this upcoming summer.
              Gina is one out of only 250 students from across the country that have been asked to participate in the intensive […]

Continue reading …

To the Huntingtonian editors,
I’m writing with a story tip about an entrepreneur with special needs from South Huntington who’s supporting new parents across the country.
My friend Brittany Schiavone is a 27-year-old woman and the founder of the 501(c)3 nonprofit organization Brittany’s Baskets of Hope, which is based in South Huntington. She is a graduate of […]

Continue reading …

Huntington Approves Art on More Traffic Signal Boxes

Comments Off on Huntington Approves Art on More Traffic Signal Boxes

The Huntington Town Board, at its February 7, 2017 meeting, approved the installation of public art on five additional signal boxes in Huntington Village, and authorized agreements with the state Department of Transportation to place them on boxes on Main Street (State Route 25A).

The works were selected from 10 […]

Continue reading …

Comments Off on

Assemblyman Chad A. Lupinacci (R,C,I,Ref.—South Huntington) recently joined the South Huntington School District in recognizing seven outstanding educators in the “2017 Teacher of the Year” ceremony.
The event, held at Walt Whitman High School, was attended by administrators, students, and fellow educators from throughout the district. Lupinacci presented the teachers with New York State Assembly Citations […]

Continue reading …

The Northport Symphony Orchestra Newsletter

Comments Off on The Northport Symphony Orchestra Newsletter

The Northport Symphony Orchestra Newsletter

Winter 2017 

In this issue

Winter Concert

Ways to support NSO

Auditions in progress

*NEW* Winter Concert Information

NSO’s next concert will be Friday, February 17, 2017!

Our program will feature pianist, Edward Lattari, who will perform Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Piano Concerto No. 23. Mr. Lattari is a pianist and music educator and a Long Island native.  He majored in […]

Continue reading …

2017 “Get With The Programs” Huntington Arts Council

Comments Off on 2017 “Get With The Programs” Huntington Arts Council

QUICK REGISTER ONLINE HERE!
What and when:
February 16, 7-9 pm – Looking for $$$
Are you sure you have looked under every rock for dollars for your organization? Therese Nielsen from Huntington Public Library will show us resources for finding funds.
Early registration: $10 members and DEC grant applicants/$15 non-members, $20 ‘at the door’ 

March 16, 7-9 pm – […]

Continue reading …