Home » Archives by category » News » Heart of the Community (Page 35)

Suffolk County Resolve to be Tobacco Free

Comments Off on Suffolk County Resolve to be Tobacco Free

Suffolk County Health Commissioner Dr. James Tomarken encourages residents who use tobacco to obtain help in breaking their addiction by signing up for Suffolk County’s “Learn to Be …Tobacco Free” program. The program offers assistance with planning, support, counseling and medication if warranted.
“We know more than ever about what works and what doesn’t,” said Dr. […]

Continue reading …

Vanderbilt Plans School-Break Workshops for Pre-K, Grades K-4

Comments Off on Vanderbilt Plans School-Break Workshops for Pre-K, Grades K-4

When schools close for February and April 2017 breaks, the Suffolk County Vanderbilt Museum’s Education Department offers fun, creative workshops for pre-kindergarten children and those in grades K-4.

(Photo Above: Vanderbilt educator works with children on creative projects.)
Advance registration is required for all workshops. Please call (631) 854-5539 for more information and to register.
All workshops are […]

Continue reading …

ANDREW RAIA APPOINTED TO CONFERENCE LEADERSHIP ROLE

Comments Off on ANDREW RAIA APPOINTED TO CONFERENCE LEADERSHIP ROLE

Assemblyman Andrew Raia (R,I,C-East Northport) has been assigned a new leadership role within the Assembly Minority for the 2017-2018 Legislative Session. Previously, Raia held the title of Deputy Minority Whip; however, this year he has been appointed Minority Whip.

“It is an honor to be trusted for this leadership role within the Conference,” said Raia. “I […]

Continue reading …

Be Smart, Don’t Start (Anti Drug and Alcohol Night)

Comments Off on Be Smart, Don’t Start (Anti Drug and Alcohol Night)

“On Wednesday January 25th, 2017 at 7:00pm, Halesite Fire Department 2nd Assistant Chief Dominic Spada, Firefighter Gerry Conlon, and Huntington Bay Police Chief Christopher Jack present their second night of “Be Smart, Don’t Start”, a conversation for parents and their kids about the dangers of drug and alcohol use and how it affects youth in […]

Continue reading …

A Letter To The Editor from NY State Assemblyman Chad A. Lupinacci

Comments Off on A Letter To The Editor from NY State Assemblyman Chad A. Lupinacci

Dear Editor:
As I begin my third term in the New York State Assembly, I would like to once again thank the residents of the 10th Assembly District for placing their faith in me as their representative. It has been a true honor and privilege to serve you for the past four years, and I am […]

Continue reading …

Police Commissioner Sini Statement on Florida Shooting

Comments Off on Police Commissioner Sini Statement on Florida Shooting

Suffolk County Police Commissioner Timothy D. Sini and Chief of Department Stuart Cameron express their deepest sympathies to the friends and families of the victims of the shooting in the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International airport this afternoon.

“The Suffolk County Police Department is working with our regional law enforcement partners to closely monitor the situation. At this […]

Continue reading …

Treat Your Valentine to a Romantic Dinner at Vanderbilt Mansion

Comments Off on Treat Your Valentine to a Romantic Dinner at Vanderbilt Mansion

Surprise Your Valentine with Dinner in a
Famous, Historic Gold Coast Mansion
Popular Event Set at Vanderbilt Estate on February 11

This year, treat your Valentine to a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner at a grand house where Hollywood stars and European royalty dined with members of one of America’s most powerful and famous families.
You can do that […]

Continue reading …

A Letter From Northport Symphony Orchestra!

Comments Off on A Letter From Northport Symphony Orchestra!

Dear Friend,
The mission of the Northport Symphony Orchestra (NSO) is to contribute to our community’s quality of life through free public performances of classical music, while providing a fulfilling artistic experience for adult professional, amateur, and advanced student musicians on Long Island.
We are writing to ask your help to allow us to continue that mission. […]

Continue reading …

New Leadership will Guide Football in Northport

Comments Off on New Leadership will Guide Football in Northport

Youth Football Thrives in Northport in Spite of National Trend

Northport Youth Football Club announced a new board of directors and the “Better Football” mantra to ring in the new year. Heading up the organization will be President, Benjamin Carey, along with a talented & energetic group of professionals. The new board boasts a number of influential members including […]

Continue reading …

Northport Teams Show Superior Sportsmanship

Comments Off on Northport Teams Show Superior Sportsmanship

Coaches and fall athletes from the Northport-East Northport School District recently received School of Distinction Recognition by the New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA) for their commitment to sportsmanship. The 42 fall teams include those from Northport High School, Northport Middle School and East Northport Middle School.
              To earn this distinction, […]

Continue reading …