Dessert Trifle – Great For Labor Day Gatherings
This simple and easy recipe is made with only a few ingredients and can be made in no time. It requires no baking and yet it is pretty to look at and delicious to eat.
1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
fresh strawberries, blueberries and bananas
Trifle bowl as pictured above or other glass (or plastic) serving dish
1. Prepare vanilla pudding according to package directions.
2. Set some cool whip aside for topping the trifle. Fold in remaining cool whip and vanilla pudding until well blended.
3. Slice pound cake and layer bottom of bowl.
4. Add a layer of fresh fruit. Slice strawberries and bananas for best results. Place some of the fruit against the side of the bowl so it is visible.
5. Add a layer of the pudding/cool whip mixture.
6. Repeat steps 3 – 6 until you reach the top of the bowl.
7. Top with fresh fruit and a dollop of remaining cool whip.
For best results let trifle set in refrigerator for several hours before serving. Enjoy!