Sweet Potato Pie (side dish)
Easy and delicious. This recipe will be become a family favorite and a tradition for Thanksgiving.
3 large sweet potatoes
1/4 cup butter (melted)
1/3 cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 deepdish pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel and boil sweet potatoes until soft (allow to cool).
3. In large bowl combine butter, pineapple juice, brown sugar, egg, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Add sweet potatoes and beat using an electric mixer.
5. Pour mixture into pie crust.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 1/2 hour.
Pie can be prepared one day ahead and baked before serving. In that case only complete to step 5 and store in refrigerator until ready to bake and serve. Bake in oven for about 45 minutes or until crust is lightly brown and pie is heated through.