Suffolk County Police Arrested Three Clerks And a Customer During a State Liquor Authority Check
Suffolk County Police arrested three clerks and a customer during a state liquor authority check at convenience stores in Huntington Station, Commack and East Northport last night.
Officers from the Second Precinct Crime Section and Community Oriented Police Enforcement (COPE) conducted a New York State Liquor Authority checks at six convenience stores, between 9:15 pm. and 11:15 p.m. Three of the stores failed inspection and sold alcoholic beverages to undercover agents.
The following clerks were arrested and charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Child, 1st Degree:
* Bhupinder Singh, 21, working at BP Gas Station, located at 272 East Route 25, Huntington Station
* Cengiz Hurol, 49, working at U.S. Petroleum Gas Station (Heaven Fruit Quick Stop) located at 6077 East Route 25, Commack
* Ekran Boynuince, 50, working at Food Star, located at 304 Larkfield Road, East Northport
Three additional businesses were inspected and refused to sell alcoholic beverages to the underage agent:
* Deli Cigar Center, located at 217 Walt Whitman Road, South Huntington
* Northport Metro Mart, located at 670 Fort Salonga Road, Northport
* 24-7 Convenience Store, located at 10 Walt Whitman Road, Huntington Station
At 24-7 Convenience Store, a customer inside the store at the time of the inspection, offered to purchase alcohol for the underage agent. Jose Santos, 30, was arrested and charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Child, 1st Degree.
Singh, of 36 East 12th Street, Huntington Station, Hurol, of 368 Firgrove Road, Ronkonkoma, Boynuince, of 5 Fifth Ave., East Northport and Santos, of 2114 New York Ave., Huntington Station, will appear at First District Court in Central Islip on September 25.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.