Town of Huntington Economic Development Corporation Meeting Held
Five resolutions were approved at the Town of Huntington’s Economic Development meeting held on September 4th. The resolutions include:
1. Authorizing funding in the amount of $2,000 for EDC sponsorship of the Huntington Awareness day parade and fair.
2. Adopting a Board of Trustees nomination and selection process policy. The policy would include that the candidate considered for appointment provide qualifications such as related experience, background skills, and expertise. The position on the EDC board is an unpaid volunteer position.
3. Authorize the Chair of the EDC to execute an agreement with Renaissance Downtowns. The agreement essentially states that the Master Developer, Renaissance Downtowns, is responsible for all costs incurred in connection with the phase II action plan for Huntington Station.
4. Authorizing the Chair of the EDC to execute an agreement with the Town of Huntington to help fund a parking study in Huntington Village. The EDC will contribute $7,906 dollars (which is 1/5 of the total cost of the study). The other partners funding the parking study include the Paramount, the Town of Huntington, the Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce and the Huntington Village BID.
5. Authorizing EDC sponsorship of the Huntington Station Happy Helpers Annual Peace Day Planting at Gateway Park on September 22, 2012.
The next meeting of the EDC will be held on 10/2/2012 at 7pm at Huntington Town Hall