Great October Fall Events Taking Place in Huntington
Huntington is the place to be this October starting with Columbus Day weekend. The 19th Annual Long Island Fall Festival, the area’s most anticipated community event, will be begin Friday evening, October 5th, opening at 3 p.m. with a carnival and international food court. There will be a phenomenal “Battle of the Bands” on the Chapin Stage in the evening and plenty of fun and festivities throughout the entire weekend.
This spectacular festival, held on the 25 acres of Heckscher Park in Huntington, New York, will feature fun-filled festivities for the whole family with hundreds of attractions, global cuisine, a world-class carnival, over 300 vendors and 4 days of live performances including:
- A world class carnival with exhilarating rides for all ages
- Hundreds of arts and craft, promotional, retail and not-for-profit vendors
- Three Stages of continuous live entertainment
- Farmer’s Market with pony rides, corn maze, pumpkin painting and more
- Food courts showcasing Long Island’s favorite cuisine
- Beer & Wine Tent with sports on the flat screen TV
- Verizon Island with Food Network talent
- Baby Care Lounge, hosted by Happy Little Days.com
- Home Depot Kiddie Build-a-Project Workshop
- Columbus Day Parade Sunday 12:30pm Followed by Meatball Eating Contest at 3:30pm
- LI Blood Services will Host A Blood Drive, Sat & Sun 11: 15 am- 5:15 pm.
Admission to the Long Island Fall Festival is FREE. There are plenty of ways to get there – whether you travel by car, by bus or by train. If you are driving, there is FREE parking at the Huntington Train Station with shuttle service to and from the festival on Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 6 pm. The shuttle will include a stop in Huntington Village this year so that everyone can take advantage of the great shops and restaurants in Huntington’s vibrant downtown with many places offering special discounts. The fee for a round-trip shuttle ride is $1.00.
For more information about the Festival call 631-423-6100 or visit the website www.lifallfestival.com
And don’t forget, following the LI Fall Festival, come back to Huntington – the Dining Capital of Long Island — the week of October 7-14 to experience Dine Huntington. For eight days restaurants throughout Huntington Township — from Cold Spring Harbor to Commack — will show off their food artistry to introduce their establishments to new diners. Participating restaurants will offer a 3-course dining experience for $24.95 per person plus tax and tip (Saturday until 7 p.m. only). Patrons can see the restaurants and their menus now by logging on to www.DineHuntington.com The full list of participating restaurants is displayed and their Restaurant Week menus are being added daily.