Woman Burned When Clothes Catch Fire

Filed under: Around Town,Commack,News |

Suffolk County Police responded to a Commack home after a resident suffered burns when her clothing caught fire this morning. A 40-year-old female resident of Elder Drive, whose home is without power, went outside to fill up her generator with gas and inadvertently spilled some on her clothing and the outside of the gas can. The woman went inside to clean up when gasoline vapors emanating from the can were ignited by a nearby candle. The woman’s clothes caught fire and she suffered burns to her arms and back. She was transported with non-life-threatening injuries to Stony Brook Hospital by the Commack Volunteer Ambulance Corp. The Commack Fire Department extinguished the fire. Arson detectives have investigated the incident and determined the cause to be accidental.

Facebook Comments must be signed into Facebook

http://www.e-zsewer.com/

You must be logged in to post a comment Login