Raia Hosting Hurricane Safety Talks Across County
Assemblyman Andrew Raia in conjunction with the Suffolk County Office of Emergency Management (OEM) will be hosting Hurricane Safety seminars for the public to attend. The County has been developing resources to address Suffolk County residents’ need to prepare. In light of the effects of Hurricane Sandy, it is even more pressing to give out critical information regarding the need to be prepared.
“This is, quite literally, life saving information that we will be distributing at these seminars,” said Raia. “It is critical that Long Islanders, especially in the wake of the deadly hurricane this past fall, are provided with up to date, accurate information about to properly prepare for the coming Hurricane season, and what to when faced with a life threatening storm situation.”
Both the Suffolk County OEM and Assemblyman Andrew Raia are encouraging all residents to attend at least one of these events before the peak of the Hurricane season. The informational meetings are free to attend.
*All forums will be held from **7 p.m.** to **8:30 p.m.***
· *Monday, July 15 – **Brentwood** Library*
· *Tuesday, July 16 – Elwood Library*
· *Thursday, July 18 – Half Hollow Hill Library*
· *Tuesday, July 23 – Northport Library*
· *Tuesday, July 30 – Harborfields Library*
· *Monday, August 5 – **Commack** Library*
· *Thursday, August 15 – **East Northport** Library*
· *Monday, August 19 – Bay Shore/Brightwaters Library*
· *Wednesday, August 28 – **North Babylon** Library*
For more information about these safety seminars please contact Assemblyman Raia’s District Office at (631) 261-4151.