Town Board News Briefs
* The Town Board approved the allocation of money to the Community Development Agency for the construction of Veterans Affordable Housing on the Columbia Terrace site in Huntington Station. It is estimated that the construction of the project will cost in excess of 3.5 million dollars of which $2,000,000.00 will be funded from the Affordable Housing Trust Fund.
* The Town of Huntington wishes to make the Dix Hills Pool available to the Huntington YMCA from Monday, June 30, 2014 through Friday August 15, 2014 from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. Monday through Friday at the cost of $20 per hour.
* Vicobe Productions has requested permission to utilize Crab Meadow Beach for a Triathlon Event on September 13 and 14, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Cow Harbor Warriors.
* Long Island Growers Market will pay a permit fee in the amount of $1000 to once again operate a Farmer’s Market starting May 25 through November 23, 2014 during the hours of 7: a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
* Cow Harbor Warriors will be hosting the Cow Harbor Warrior Weekend September 5 through September 7, 2014. Cow Harbor Warriors, Inc. will utilize Crab Meadow Beach for its four-mile Warrior Run, various Water Sports and a Sunset Clam Bake on Saturday, September 6, 2014.