Arrests During State Liquor Authority Check
Suffolk County Police arrested deli and grocery store employees and customers during a state liquor authority check at locations in Huntington Station.
Officers from the Second Precinct Crime Section, Gang and Community Oriented Police Enforcement (COPE) units and Patrol personnel, along with the Huntington Town Fire Marshal’s Office conducted a New York State Liquor authority check on March 30, between 9:30 p.m. and 11:50 p.m.
The following employees were charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Child, 1st Degree:
- Leonardo Santos, 17, working at Plaza Deli and Grocery, located at 74B East Pulaski Road, Huntington Station
- Teresa Guevara-Aris, 25, working at Los Compas Deli and Grocery, located at 161 Depot Road, Huntington Station
- Ignacia Tejada, 30, working at Chapi Deli and Grocery, located at 139 West Hills Road, Huntington Station
- Juan Rodriguez, 57, working at Deli Casa Grande, located at 150 West Hills Road, Huntington Station
Two customers were charged with Criminal Possession of Marijuana, 5th Degree:
- Jonathan E. Russell, 19, at Los Compas Deli and Grocery
- Jean Luc Guirand, 23, at Chapi Deli
Derrick Murphy, 18, a customer at Los Campas Deli, was charged with Unlawful Possession of Marijuana.
Guirand, of 78 10th Ave., Huntington Station, was taken to the Second Precinct and released on bail. He is scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip at a later date.
Russell, of 52 Lantern St., Huntington, Murphy, of 41 Evert St., Huntington, Santos, of 79 East 2nd St., Huntington Station, Guevara-Aris, of 13 West Pulaski Road, Huntington Station, Tejada, of 101 Speonk Court, Melville and Rodriquez, of 36 Yedys St., West Babylon, were all issued Field Appearance Tickets and are scheduled to appear at First District Court in Central Islip at a later date.
One location, Mishael Grocery, at 1434 Route 110, Huntington Station, refused the sale of alcohol to an underage customer.