Men Arrested For Multiple Burglaries
Suffolk County Police today arrested two men for committing a series of burglaries to Suffolk County stores that occurred since August 8, 2018.
Travis James and Richard Ambrose
Richard Ambrose and Travis James were charged with Burglary 3rd Degree for the three burglaries that occurred in the early morning of September 3rd, 2018.
Ambrose was charged with Burglary 3rd Degree the following burglaries.
- August 8, Tease Salon Off Broadway, located at 662 Route 25A, Rocky Point
- August 10, Broadway Market, located at 643 Broadway, Rocky Point
- August 15, The Wine Authority, located at 5507 Nesconset Hwy., Mount Sinai
- August 17, Speedway Gas Station, located at 2825 Middle Country Rd., Lake Grove
- August 19, Speedway Gas Station, located at 615 Nesconset Hwy., Smithtown
- August 21, Moody Mart/ Mobil Gas Station, located at 819 West Jericho Turnpike Smithtown
- August 26, Pit Stop Pantry, located at 223 Montauk Hwy., East Moriches
- August 26, Speedway Gas Station, located at 640 Montauk Hwy., Bayport
- August 27, Onsen Sushi, located at 597 Montauk Hwy., Oakdale
- August 27, The Fortune Cookie Chinese Food Restaurant, located at 581 Montauk Hwy., Oakdale
- August 31, BP Gas Station, located at 5912 Nesconset Hwy., Port Jefferson Station
Ambrose was also charged with Burglary 3rd Degree by the Riverhead, Quogue and Southold Police Departments for the following burglaries.
Ambrose was charged with Attempted Burglary 3rd Degree for the following incident.
Ambrose 41, of Rocky Point and James, 37, of Riverhead will be held overnight at the 6th Precinct, and are scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on September 4.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.