Carbon Monoxide Kills One and Hospitalize’s One

Filed under: Hamlets,Investigations,Melville,News,Police/Fire/EMS |

Suffolk County Police Homicide Squad detectives are investigating an incident during which a man died and his wife was hospitalized due to apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Melville this morning.

Second Precinct police officers responded to a 911 call of a couple feeling ill, possibly from carbon monoxide poisoning, at 31 Scott Drive at approximately 8:30 a.m. February  21, 2018.

Stephen Yancofski, 55, a resident of the home, was transported by the Melville Fire Department to Plainview Hospital where he was pronounced dead. Wancofski’s wife, Kyriaki Bouziotas, 59, was transported to Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow.

It is suspected that carbon monoxide was emitting from a detached fitting on a heating exhaust vent inside the residence.  


Facebook Comments must be signed into Facebook

You must be logged in to post a comment Login