Eight People Arrested at Sobriety Checkpoint
Suffolk County Police, assisted by New York State Police, arrested eight people and seized one vehicle during an overnight sobriety checkpoint in Huntington Station.
Location: Route 110 at Church Street, Huntington Station
Date/Time: Friday, August 23, 2019 at 11:15 p.m. to Saturday, August 24, 2019 at 2:15 a.m.
Police officers from the Suffolk County Police Department Highway Patrol Bureau’s Selective Alcohol Fatality Enforcement Team (SAFE-T), assisted by New York State Troopers and officers from the Second Precinct, conducted a sobriety checkpoint on southbound Route 110 at Church Street in Huntington Station from 11:15 p.m. last night to 2:15 a.m. this morning. The checkpoint was part the on-going Saturation Saturday enforcement operation, a nationwide Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) initiative targeting impaired driving. A total of 423 vehicles went through the checkpoint.
The following people were charged with Driving While Intoxicated:
- Marcos Alvarado, 39, of 27 James St., Hicksville
- Brian McGee, 52, of 25 Esplanade Drive, East Patchogue
- Christofer Lomp, 25, of 130 Washington Drive, Centerport
- Joseph Lavolpe, Sr., 50, of 2436 Jackson Ave., Seaford
- Andrea Fasting, 49, of 16 Twin River Drive, Oakdale
- William Nieves, 34, of 31 Fulton St., Brentwood
- Danielle Donaldson, 38, of 28 W. Park Drive, Huntington Station
The following person was charged with Driving While Ability Impaired by Alcohol:
- Kevin Nitzsche, 45, of 337 Thrift St., Ronkonkoma
The above individuals will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on August 24th.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.