Woman Arrested for Multiple Robberies
Suffolk County Police the night of January 7, 2020 arrested a Bay Shore woman for committing five robberies within eight days.
A woman entered five businesses between December 27, 2019 and January 3, 2020, displayed what appeared to be a handgun, demanded cash and fled with proceeds. Following an investigation, it was determined the robberies were committed by Anahi Gomez, 18, of 1789 Stein Drive, Bay Shore.
Major Case Unit detectives charged Gomez with five counts of Robbery 1st Degree for the following robberies:
- Applegreen, located at 540 Islip Ave., Islip, on January 3 at 9:22 p.m.
- Grog Shop, located at 185 Depot Road, Huntington Station, on December 30 at 7:27 p.m.
- 76 Gas, located at 1714 New York Ave., Huntington Station, on December 28 at 10:45 p.m.
- Delta, located at 85 Church St., Lake Ronkonkoma, on December 27 at 9:32 p.m.
- Valero, located at 1628 Montauk Highway, Oakdale, on December 27 at 8:31 p.m.
Anahi was arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on January 8, 2020.
The investigation is continuing. Detectives are asking anyone with information on these robberies to call the Major Case Unit at 631-852-6553 or Crime Stoppers at 800-220-TIPS. All calls will remain confidential.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.