SUFFOLK COUNTY EXECUTIVE BELLONE PROVIDED UPDATE ON COUNTY’S RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS 4pm 3/20/20
This update by phone March 19, 2020 by Suffolk County Executive Bellone calling in from his self quarantined home.
236 total cases in Suffolk County as of 3 pm today.
- Total tested: 1500 so far
- New drive through at Stony Brook University processed 250 tests yesterday
64 Total Cases in Huntington being spread throughout the township with no cluster of cases.
- Of the cases in Huntington 27 are hospitalized
- 7 in ICU.
The Governor has stated that there will not be a “shelter in place” policy happening in Suffolk or New York State.
County executive stated “He is leading by example” because last Friday a deputy county executive who was in meeting room with the County Executive in Hauppauge has been tested positive. So everyone at the Friday meeting is being self quarantined, including Bellone. Bellone was not tested yet as he does not have symptoms, as per County Health Department.
Social distancing is very very important.
Executive stated that 311 is an important number for ALL small businesses. Businesses that have any questions will be routed to the proper departments that can help with emergency loans, SBA loans and any other assistance coming from the Federal or State governments.
Number of cases on March 19, 2020
- Number people who have tested positive – 239(this is an increase of 137 since March 18, 2020)
- Current Cases – 236
- Number of deaths – 3
- A man in his 80s with underlying health conditions who was in mandatory isolation at a local hospital
- A man in his 90s with underlying health conditions who was in mandatory isolation at a local hospital
- A woman in her 90s with underlying health conditions who was in mandatory isolation at a local hospital
Breakdown by Town:
Brookhaven – 27
East Hampton – 2
Huntington – 64
Islip – 39
Riverhead – 4
Shelter Island – 1
Smithtown – 8
Southampton – 4
Southold – 45
Unavailable – 17