SUFFOLK COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE MAKES 15 DWI ARRESTS OVER THE LABOR DAY WEEKEND
The Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office has increased its DWI enforcement over the past three weeks, thanks to extra funding from a “High Visibility Road Check Project” grant issued by the County’s STOP-DWI office to have additional DWI patrols out on the roads.
Over the Labor Day Weekend alone, the Sheriff’s Office’s DWI Enforcement Team made 15 DWI arrests. There were two Leandra’s Law DWIs, four aggravated DWIs, one felony DWI, one DWI drugs, and seven misdemeanor DWIs. There were five aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle summonses written, four charges of endangering the welfare of a child, an unlawful speed contest summons, reckless driving, and two unlawful possession of marijuana charges. 50 traffic violations summonses were issued. Over the past three weeks, the Enforcement Team had a total of 25 DWI arrests.
Suffolk County Sheriff Dr. Errol D. Toulon, Jr. was very happy with the results of this stepped up enforcement. “These deputies are dedicated to keeping Suffolk County’s roadways safe. I am proud of their vigilance and hard work, and want all drivers to remember: if you are drinking, do not get behind the wheel. The life you save might be your own.”
Sergeant Candice Berezny, supervisor of the DWI Enforcement Team, was also pleased with their efforts. “I’m proud to work out on the road with these deputies every night and extremely impressed with the job they’ve been doing. I like to think that we’ve saved a lot of lives these past few weeks.”
Over the holiday weekend, Sheriff’s Deputies arrested the following impaired drivers. These arrests took place in the towns of Islip, Center Moriches, Bohemia, Brookhaven, Patchogue, and Medford. Those arrested were:
– Paleaz-Cambizara, Christian, 32, of Danbury, CT: Charged with three counts of Aggravated DWI with a child in the vehicle, three counts of endangering the welfare of a child, and three counts of a child safety restraint violation.
– Hanahoe, John, 59, of Shirley, NY: DWI
– Mims, Adam Gregory 23, of Patchogue, NY: DWI and numerous VTL infractions
– Moncrieffe, Shane, 28, of Bronx, NY: DWI and possession of marijuana
– Baez, Victor, 45, of Shirley, NY: DWI
– Perez Jr., Jesus, 41, of West Sayville, NY: DWI
– Dalai, Allana, 27, of Ronkonkoma, NY: aggravated DWI
– Lucerovera, Carlos, 22, of Patchogue, NY: DWI, driving with a suspended license, and driving without a required interlock device from a past DWI.
– Rodriguez, Christopher, 23, of Medford, NY: DWI and felony aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
– Gonzalez, Jorge Estruardo, 21, of Medford, NY: DWI
– Quick, Lisa, 35, of Manorville, NY: DWI.
– Thure, Jefferey, 49, of Ronkonkoma, NY: Aggravated DWI.
– Kefalos, Melissa, 29, of Shirley, NY: Felony DWAI drugs (having had a prior conviction).
– Conquest, Corey, 31, of Moriches, NY: DWI and 511.3.
– Raymond Laboy, 37, of East Islip, NY: Aggravated DWI with a child in the vehicle, endangering the welfare of a child, unlawful possession of marijuana, and multiple traffic offenses.