Man Arrested for Multiple Incidents of Making Graffiti
Suffolk County Police arrested a Huntington man for multiple incidents of making graffiti.
Following an investigation by Second Precinct Crime Section officers, Thomas Rivas was arrested for spray painting “Defund the Police” or “Defund Suffolk PD” on nine buildings between March and April 2021.
· The Kaufman Corp, 133 West Hills Road, Huntington Station
· Ravello Ristorante, 1277 East Jericho Turnpike, Elwood
· Spirit of Huntington Arts Center, 2 Melville Road, Huntington Station
· Village Fireplace & Barbeque, 1979 New York Ave., Huntington Station
· Piccola Bussola Restaurant, 970 West Jericho Turnpike, Huntington
· Dunkin’, 281 Route 110, Huntington Station
· Salone Di Bianca, 369 West Jericho Turnpike, Huntington
· Sinai Furniture, 202 Depot Road, Huntington Station
· Dunkin’, 366 West Jericho Turnpike, Huntington Station
Rivas, 26, of 40 Juanita Ave., Huntington, was arrested on October 6, 2021 and charged with nine counts of Making Graffiti. He will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip at a later date.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.