Murder On Pius Rental Property
Suffolk County Police Homicide Squad detectives are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a Huntington Station man early this morning.
Second Precinct police officers responded to 91 Wyman St. at 4:25 a.m. after a 911 caller reported a disturbance. When officers arrived, they found Larry Collins, who lives at the home, on the front lawn with injuries to his abdomen following a physical altercation.
Collins, 38, was transported to Huntington Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
In 2011, local citizens brought this property to the attention of town public safety department. Concerns included code violations and over occupancy. Community Properties LP, Catco Associates LP and a few other named companies, all controlled by Donald Pius owns approximately 90 rental properties in Huntington Station and Huntington. At last tally Pius owned companies were collecting approximately $1,200,000 dollars in HUD money annually for these rentals, you the taxpayer are paying for.
Click here to read about another Pius Rental.
This is a summary from a story posted March 25th 2012 READ FULL STORY CLICK HERE
As with many landlords, Mr. Pius’ operates under several different names. We are not sure if this list is complete, but here is a list of company names that can be traced back to Mr. Pius. It also includes the breakdown of payments received monthly (2010) from the Huntington Housing Authority (HHA):
- Catco received $41,365 on 26 properties.
- Community Properties LLC received $54,436 on 39 properties.
- Doma Investments received $1,746 on 1 property.
- Kidco, LP received $5,443 on 3 properties.
- P&G Developers received $1,373 on 1 property.
- Don Pius currently owns approximately 90 properties throughout our Township.
- Huntington SD 3 – 74 Properties
- South Huntington SD 13— 8 Properties
- Harborfields SD 6 – 6 properties
- Elwood and Northport SD’s each have 1
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call the Homicide Squad at 631-852-6392 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.